Job description: Steamer Operator
The Steamer Operator position at Schmidt's Sausage Haus is a fast-paced position, perfect for a multi-tasker who loves to have fun at work! This position helps prepare food products for the kitchen line, and banquet haus, keeps our buffet stocked and clean, and lends aid to other kitchen stations as needed. If you are motivated, enthuastic, enjoy working with food, and want to surround yourself with great people, you should apply immediately!
Schmidt's Culture and Core Values:
Our Cause is to help our community CELEBRATE by offering legendary Hauspitality so that all thrive.
We work daily to cultivate a cohesive work environment that allows our team and guests prosper in all areas of their life and our business. We want to see you grow and achieve, and we believe we are the place to make that happen!
Our Core Values:
Will do, Can do, Help you
We will do all we can do to help you be successful
Everyone a Leader
Regardless of title everyone leads, some from the front some from the back.
Leadership is ownership of actions
Serving people, caring for people and developing relationships is our priority
We trust first that people want to succeed. An environment of trust
allows people to be themselves and unleash their unique talents
Always striving for excellence to make ourselves and the organization better
Work hard and have fun doing it
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION Fundamental Requirements
- Be familiar with all buffet items and assist guests in selections as needed.
- Be responsible for quality of food.
- Ensure kitchen, buffet, and equipment cleanliness.
- Handle and store food in a sanitary fashion.
- Recognize quality standards in food products
- Set up buffet in accordance with company standards
- Coordinating with kitchen to replenishing food for the hot line and buffet.
- Obtain all necessary supplies and equipment to perform duties, including stocking of all china and silver as needed.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor
- Understand and demonstrate Schmidt's Core Values
- Be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Schmidt's standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the restaurant.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Schmidt's Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient business operations.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Ability to receive overtime pay
- Free shift meal
- Team member discounts
- Eligible for health, dental, vision, and life insurance after six months
- Eligible for 401k after one year
- Vacation accrual after one year
- Starting at $14.00 and up based on experience
- $150 bonus after probation period (90 days)
- Up to $1 raise after probation period (90 days)
- Bonus after one year